diyAudio and Piracy issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why doesn't piracy get your attention, Bas?

The forum rules are crystal clear on swearing. Piracy is less clear cut, it's not even mentioned in the forum rules. Piracy however is defined by individual states. Consequently it can only be dealt properly with by that individual state and initiated by the person whose stuff is pirated. I see practically zero complaints/reported posts about piracy.

This whole forum is about sharing knowledge (At least the way I see it.)

Posting your clever design here is bound to be used by someone.

Regards,
Bas

Piracy - MOD please start a new thread and move picracy related posts there

Konnichiwa,

Bas Horneman said:
Piracy is less clear cut, it's not even mentioned in the forum rules.

Piracy - MOD please start a new thread and move picracy related posts there. I appreciate that piracy does have an implication in ethics, but it is one that is more outside the Forum.

If you post something here you should include copyright notices and consider IP issues. By posting something here you place it in the public domain, with clearly defined IP issues. If you post your own commercial design here you in effect place it in the PD, piracy becomes a non-issue.

Sayonara

jh6you said:

If you are saying this, probably it is... as one example...

I barely know you and we practically never talk on a forum. Why are you against me in such hateful way?

After reading this piece of eloquency, I actually became speechless for few minutes.

jh6you said:

There are many posts denying other's opinions.
I often find some reasons why:
- He is stupid, but he does not know it.
- He likes to make himself a super star here, without having quality for it.
- He likes to hide his ignorance, by loudly arguing s@@@@t.
- He hates professional experience worth his weight in gold.

Among others, the worst reason I find is:

- He likes to sell his products just insisting mine is the better (It doesn't matter they get large profit or not.). And, he thinks of himself smart in using tricks for this purpose, believing as all diyAudio members are fool.

Smell of s@@@@t is getting worse. :scratch: From whom...???

I can't understand it.

Peter, Peter....Peter!

You keep digging yourself into bigger and bigger holes, maybe you need to stop and re-think your predicament.

You must be doing something wrong to get this kind response........the problem seems to be that you don't want to listen.......in your mind you are always right. Unfortunately that attitude is going to work aginst you, infact it already has.

Regards,
Jam

Attachments

• ate0070l.jpg
    ate0070l.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 150
Well, Bas.......

It isn't just a matter of someone seeing a circuit posted in a public domain. It isn't that simple.

What I am talking about is people taking someone else's PCB (that they borrowed from someone who purchased it legitimately), copying it on a Xerox machine, and then posting it here as their own.

It invlolves people whining in private that they can't sell as many XYZ boards as so-and-so does, and asking other forum members in private to get the Gerber files and/or .pdf of the manual for it from so-and-so.

I can not post e-mails here without invoking the wrath of tne Mod Squad.

Which is really funny, because the guilty parties ARE moderators.

Dave doesn't seem interested in hearing about "all of the politics". Can't say that I blame him.....he has a living to try to earn.

But when the rest of us who do have businesses to run are pirated by the very people appointed to maintain order here, you can't act as being amazed that chaos, distrust, and bitterness erupts.

Jocko

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Well, Bas.......

Jocko Homo said:
What I am talking about is people taking someone else's PCB (that they borrowed from someone who purchased it legitimately), copying it on a Xerox machine, and then posting it here as their own.

I would be very interested in knowing the details of that.

diyAudio will do everything within its scope to discorage piracy. We have actively removed links to pirated material, removed discussions on warez, encorage posting of the source of attached materials, remove material that is clearly in violation of someone's copyright (fair use can blur the line), etc.

What people do in private is outside our scope, but if they impinge on the board it is.

dave

One question i haven't asked yet... does Jam have the copyright (or permission to post) all those cartoons he posts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.