Buzzing sound from power conditioner

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
62 euro is not bad. An isolation transformer ia a very good upgrade for audio sources. IMO it is an obstacle but when I take it out of the chain the result is less good. Using it makes more of a difference than using mains filters. I use both.

Last edited:
Absolutely, years ago I used one for all digital-related sources (including my separate DAC), another one for analog (preamp, tuner). Power amp went (and goes) directly to mains, through a parallel line filter.

Now I'm going to further separate DAC from devices operating only at digital level (yes I still happen to have a CD spinner :D).

So, that's why three small trafos, way oversized for the VA declared requirements. Less load and hopefully less mutual interference.

And you can wire to have balanced mains feeding your unit.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Will try the Imed1000 this weekend. It hums slightly mechanically (as usual with 1000 kVA...) but apart from that it is a ready built medical device so everything is well designed. These are custom built in a larger 19" casing for a certain brand medical gear. What surprised me is the very loud humming of the 2000 version. That one is absolutely unusable for audio when placed in the same room.

Last edited: