Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

DIY audio as a model for durable technology
DIY audio as a model for durable technology
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2021, 10:49 PM   #21
Richard Ellis is offline Richard Ellis  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
"insert bitcoin to continue..." LMAO !!...but tragically true. The other day when these so-called "services" started going off-line, I warned my wife her "connected" job might crash & she might be twiddling her thumbs for the rest of the day, (week, month, ?)...I started dusting off & perusing my CD collection, didn't want to be without tunes.
I agree whole-heartedly with Mr "wiseoldtech" and his assessments, many will be quite lost without all of "this"...some literally, by depending way too much on the likes of GPS.
Where will it all end?, What will become of those so very complacent, so very dependent...Truth be told, it will be the likes of "us"...we will still have something to watch, (DVD,broadcast?, etc.), music, (CD, vinyl, RtR tape) & if wired phones still exist, communications..oh & AM/FM radio, which still seems to be going strong.

Resist & deny much of what they are peddling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.......
Old 14th June 2021, 11:13 AM   #22
peufeu is online now peufeu  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ellis View Post
I agree whole-heartedly with Mr "wiseoldtech"
+1

> What will become of those so very complacent, so very dependent...

Having an accident? Insert bitcoin to inflate airbag.
  Reply to this post

DIY audio as a model for durable technologyHide this!Advertise here!