Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Is it possible to build a Dolby Pro Logic 2 system or better to buy prebuilt?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2021, 06:55 PM   #1
bypassrestrictions is online now bypassrestrictions  India
diyAudio Member

Default Is it possible to build a Dolby Pro Logic 2 system or better to buy prebuilt?

I read an old thread about Dolby Pro Logic 2 matrix scheme here but in that there was a objection against DIY version because it lacked the speed in steering. Is this still the main problem today too? Or can build something similar to it easily?
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:18 PM   #2
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't know Dolby Pro Logic 2 from Dolby DR. Here is one of Dolby's prototypes of DR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dolby_SR_breadboard.jpg (809.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 3rd June 2021, 10:43 PM   #3
bypassrestrictions is online now bypassrestrictions  India
diyAudio Member

Do you have a high res photo? Or a schematic?

What is Dolby DR?
Old 10th June 2021, 08:57 PM   #4
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi bypassrestrictions,
I think you should DIY one. With the parts we have today it will work better and you can align it closely.

I serviced a lot of equipment with Dolby in it, and outboard Dolby systems. The chips can be had these days, and just read the application notes. They will lay everything out for you.

Your other option is to grab an old Dolby Prologic system and update it. That way the casework and switching is done for you. Then you can carefully align it for better performance.

-Chris
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #5
leonski66 is offline leonski66
diyAudio Member

EASY to build one of the ORIGINAL DynaQuad setups.
I did it way back WHEN. Spooky 'real' with live music....having plenty of ambiance.....
But no effect on studio stuff....
  Reply to this post

Is it possible to build a Dolby Pro Logic 2 system or better to buy prebuilt?Hide this!Advertise here!