Centre speaker locations or alternatives?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a AVR that's great on movies but sucks on stereo music using the on board ESS DAC and pre stage. I want to add a stereo amp which is not great but heaps better on music from a NAS etc and that will supply LF and RF from the AVR pre outs. The dilemma is the centre channel sits on a angled shelf so it fires towards the viewer and do not want to move it above the screen. There's a soundbar in front of the screen so can't add a shelf and lift the screen to place the centre under it as well as the screen would be too high.

The only reasonable option I can see is the place the stereo amp in the AVR location and move the AVR to the left bay. It would be nice to have them both in the centre bay but the centre speaker resides there. In the past I've used 4.1 and also 5.1 with 2 centre speakers beside the screen but not as effective as the single centre speaker which is better for ageing ears. I've also played with the AVR settings and patterns and found no improvement to stereo music and even the Direct mode sucks.

It's for occasional stereo music use as the main stereo stuff was moved and is in a different room.

Before I move this stuff around, somebody might have tried or seen some alternatives.

Attachments

• RZ_ctr_location.jpg
    RZ_ctr_location.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.