Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

The Intellectual People Podcast - 3-Time Top Fuel Champ Larry Dixon
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th February 2021, 03:43 PM   #1
jtwrace is offline jtwrace  United States
diyAudio Member

Default The Intellectual People Podcast - 3-Time Top Fuel Champ Larry Dixon

Do you think you could handle it?

Larry Dixon Racing 2 Seat Top Fuel Dragster (NHRA & IHRA Style) - YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dixon Thumbnail.jpg (353.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 5th February 2021, 04:34 PM   #2
jjasniew is offline jjasniew  United States
diyAudio Member

We bought a Subaru and part of the package was 4 tickets to the local drag races here in Western Washngton state. Just the rib cage rattling I took as one of these passed the stands, I'd have to say No - I cant imagine being in proximity of that engine for the whole 6 seconds (or whatever - maybe it was "3") it's running WFO.

The engine tech sure has advanced - like comparing a Krell FPB 600 to a Phase Linear 400...

When I was a kid, me and my friends took our motorcycles to the local strip. Took off the mufflers, replaced with straight pipes - we thought it was cool to turn 15s - my buddy, lighter and on a faster bike, could turn 14s. We ran together a couple of times which was fun. The stager knew what he was doing; I'd go first and my buddy would pass me just at the 1/4 mile mark.

I quickly learned to put my rear tire just off the big, thick strip of rubber laid down by all the other cars, in order to get it to spin. One unexpected wheelie ruined a run for me...

Last edited by jjasniew; 5th February 2021 at 04:37 PM.
Old 5th February 2021, 05:29 PM   #3
billshurv is offline billshurv  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Whilst the sheer power and destruction of top fuel is fun to watch (90 revolutions between rebuilds at full throttle) what's the intellectual angle here?
  Reply to this post

The Intellectual People Podcast - 3-Time Top Fuel Champ Larry DixonHide this!Advertise here!