AES Journals 1989 to 2020 need a home

Hi, I am downsizing my office and have a set of AES Journals from 1989 to 2020 that I would like to re-home. I think that the set is complete, but I haven't checked. Probably too big to post, but I am willing to deliver within 10 miles of the South Coast of England from Poole to Southampton. I'm sure that someone, somewhere will want them - I really don't want to have to put them in the skip!

How about donating them to a University, maybe one specializing in electronics/acoustics/sound reproduction? I'm the type that can't throw away a book either, so I understand your desire to have them go to good use. Surprising no one has taken them yet. I'm sure by now you've dumped them.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi, have you tried an audio engineering school ( like SAE or Abbey Road Institute)? When i worked in one of them it would have been of great help for students and even teachers.
Too bad you are located so far away from me, i would have took them happily!

Here is a picture of them...

Attachments

• AES JournalsR.jpg
    AES JournalsR.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 71

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Shipping journals across the USA was a bad deal in 2013. Cost too much, made the postal workers mad, boxes broke open, loose issues from 1987 returned to sender (because he was on the issue address label).

Over an ocean, just impractical. For what a few boxes cost to ship over a border you can buy an AES membership and download almost everything published, even back in the 1950s. In the last year+ I have fetched JAES from 1953 to 1998. (I may let it go at that; most 21st century JAES is too fruity for my interests.)

Attachments

• JAES-listing-42.gif
    JAES-listing-42.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, that is true. But I want to read the darned things in my hand. Would have been great last Friday as the power was out from around 9 AM to just after 2 PM.

I rearranged my bookcase with HP catalogues and manuals using a flashlight in my mouth instead.