Sound signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a forum like this, people come for help, facts, guidance a.o.
It would be near downfall for this forum, if unsubstatiated claims like these (copper vs. silver, sound difference of resistors, claims of superior capacitors etc.) were allowed to stand undisputed....... so no @korpberget.
You are wrong.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No. The silly thing here is that none of you can just let it go. Suck it in and move on.

That's curious. Are you implying we should only reply to posts we agree with? Is that the purpose of this forum?
I always thought that the great thing about this forum (and others of course) is that you can discuss specifically disagreements and learn in the process. If you still have the same views as when you started, you didn't learn anything and it all is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Jan

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi thor2,
Okay, firstly I am posting as a normal member. We use the :cop: symbol when we are on official business. The fact I am a moderator has zero to do with this. All it means is that I have extra work to do, and moderators do it for the love of this place. Are we clear on this? I do not speak for the moderating team, just little old me. Your comment on moderation has been removed, read the rules please.

I understand the thread and its purpose. You just want to force feed your viewpoint down everyone's throat. You're fishing for support. The thread ran it's course a long time ago. We probably should have closed it pages ago. There is no discussion with you. It is merely your own little soapbox, but in the interest of fairness we left it open. As Jan and others have noted, this topic has in fact been beaten to death over the years. You should have researched for similar threads and read them instead of starting your own thread.

Instead of accusing me of not reading the first post and not understanding the purpose of the thread, try saying that you don't feel I understand the thread. That would be the truth. News flash, members will respond to the current topic under discussion.

Question time for you. Have you responded to any member's suggestions? Have you attempted to rerun your experiments with connections made reliably? Have you applied any of the knowledge you say you have acquired to your setup? For example, s/n of your effects are buried in the noise of the system. Let's see you invest some money into your core belief and get equipment with sufficiently low noise and distortion, in a location with low enough ambient noise so that you can actually stand a chance of hearing the effects you claim exist. Finally, you have indicated you feel there is a third aspect of matter that would explain this. Have you attempted to attract the attention of material scientists for that study to find the "thor2" effect? Or, have you purchased or rented the equipment and location to make these experiments in order to prove or deny these effects you say exist?

Basically, you have made claims that disagree with science as we know it. It is not up to any of us to foot the time, energy and cost to disprove you. The shoe is on the other foot. You must put your money where your mouth is, design a credible series of experiments to investigate what you are saying. For my part, I have invested the time and money to investigate low level audio performance. Several other well respected engineers, technicians and hobbyists have done the same thing. In a shocking turn of events, we agree on most things! We use different equipment but manage to reach the same conclusions. Wow!

So, it is expected that you open your wallet and invest in equipment that can be expected to show results at the levels you are working at. What doesn't cut it is using low quality equipment such as you have, and your ears in an uncontrolled listening environment.

Until you can accomplish this, I would suggest that you refrain from posting on this topic. You need the time and energy to back up your claims. Right now they are half baked.

-Chris (as a normal member)

Status
Not open for further replies.