Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Sound signature
Sound signature
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2021, 10:45 PM   #31
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
I thought that was the nature of sound?
I would call that the nature of internet forums.
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:18 PM   #32
analog_sa is offline analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

Sound signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor2 View Post
That they actually do not know what gives the good sound signature.

Myself, and no doubt many others, agree with everything you have shared in this thread but please realise: you are wasting your time here. The army of idle, clueless trolls will drain all your energy and drown your thread with noise. There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:20 PM   #33
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

I would have thought we were all on your ignore list.
Old 24th January 2021, 12:05 AM   #34
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

The issue appears to be one group of audiophiles believes musical instruments and equipment to reproduce the sound of a musical instrument is one and the same thing.
Old 24th January 2021, 03:55 AM   #35
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
you are wasting your time here.
Helpful tip for you and thor2, good way to save time is to back up the claim with evidence.

Quote:
There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.
There sure are audio related venues which the use of evidence isn't popular. One member there uses bag of pebbles taped to the interconnect cable plugs for sound improvement.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th January 2021, 05:09 PM   #36
schiirrn is offline schiirrn  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra1 View Post
What measurement did you do? Semper Fi told a different story in Resistors thread.

No. In what you quoted he says the exact same thing as me about different resitors (as all other parts) come with different parasitics.

I am adding to that that this can be enough to tune an unstable circuit node to a different oscillation or set off or stop oscillation which could be perceived as "different sound signature".
Old 27th January 2021, 05:39 PM   #37
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor2 View Post
Building hi-fi is like being a chef, you have a recipe / diagram, you buy ingredients, the dish is made and tasted in the end.
Nonsense. Audio is engineering.

Jan
Old 27th January 2021, 05:42 PM   #38
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiirrn View Post
this can be enough to tune an unstable circuit node to a different oscillation or set off or stop oscillation which could be perceived as "different sound signature".
And that would be an incompetently designed piece of equipment, of course.

Jan
Old 27th January 2021, 06:15 PM   #39
cbdb is offline cbdb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
Myself, and no doubt many others, agree with everything you have shared in this thread but please realise: you are wasting your time here. The army of idle, clueless trolls will drain all your energy and drown your thread with noise. There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.
Yea try the flat earthers or the the no vaccers, there are also other places where hairbrained ideas get full support with absolutely no proof, logic, or scientific backing. There the army of idle, clueless trolls will back up every dumb idea you have.
Old 27th January 2021, 06:41 PM   #40
indra1 is online now indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiirrn View Post
No. In what you quoted he says the exact same thing as me about different resitors (as all other parts) come with different parasitics.
I agree on this part. But one point he clearly made is that one resistor he measured act as a high pass filter with a 10kHz corner frequency, no need to go into node stability or oscillation at all. 20 years ago, that resistor would be audibly muddy to me, even used on a passive attenuation network, no relation to stability.

Sound signatureHide this!Advertise here!