Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Melco support problem
Melco support problem
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2021, 03:14 PM   #1
ceulrich is offline ceulrich
diyAudio Member

Default Melco support problem

This may not be the best place to post this, but the breadth and depth of knowledge available on this forum gives me hope.

I recently purchased a Melco N100 music server. It has been a challenge getting it up and running, but I am about 80% there. I have two remaining issues that I am pretty sure only Melco can solve. Melco in the U.S. operates through Luxman, and neither seems to have a public facing support system. Unfortunately, the dealer I purchased the unit from has not been able to address these problems.

So, the question is, has anyone had success getting service support for either Melco or Luxman without going through a dealer, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Ceulrich
Old 21st January 2021, 04:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

After many days of searching, I have found a pubic facing entry point to make contact with Melco. At the very end of the FAQ page under Support is an e-mail link. Once you get there it is pretty obvious.

Cheers

ceulrich
Old 28th January 2021, 05:04 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It took two tries, but I am now in contact with an individual that seems knowledgeable, and very promptly answers my questions. Havenít actually solved the problem yet, but I am hopeful.

Cheers,

ceulrich
Old 10th February 2021, 06:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The Melco support staff member I communicated with for 3 weeks was quite responsive but in the end was unable to offer a solution to my problem with the N100. So, I am returning it for warranty repair or replacement.

My advice is to only purchase a Melco product from a dealer to which you have immediate access.

Cheers,

ceulrich
@font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073711037 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;}@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Old 10th February 2021, 06:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Sorry about all the gobbly-goop, don't know where it came from.

ceulrich
Old 10th February 2021, 07:20 PM   #6
nigelwright7557 is online now nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Its really frustrating trying to get help off some companies.
Either no email address or its buried deeply so its hard to find.
Or some message logging system that wants to know item serial number and the size of your cap before it lets you through !
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:06 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

A happy ending to the saga. Due to snow I was unable to return my N100 for warranty repair. However, while waiting, I received another communication from the Melco support staff member, suggesting If I made a particular change to a particular setting, I could solve my problem. Sure enough, that worked, and my unit is now working fine! I went back and read the instruction manual very carefully, and found a clear description of my problem and how to fix it. So, I can not fault Melco for my problems, but do stand by my suggestion that eye-to-eye contact with a knowledgeable dealer would probably have found the solution four to six weeks sooner.

Cheers,

ceulrich
  Reply to this post

Melco support problemHide this!Advertise here!