Melco support problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may not be the best place to post this, but the breadth and depth of knowledge available on this forum gives me hope.

I recently purchased a Melco N100 music server. It has been a challenge getting it up and running, but I am about 80% there. I have two remaining issues that I am pretty sure only Melco can solve. Melco in the U.S. operates through Luxman, and neither seems to have a public facing support system. Unfortunately, the dealer I purchased the unit from has not been able to address these problems.

So, the question is, has anyone had success getting service support for either Melco or Luxman without going through a dealer, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Ceulrich

The Melco support staff member I communicated with for 3 weeks was quite responsive but in the end was unable to offer a solution to my problem with the N100. So, I am returning it for warranty repair or replacement.

My advice is to only purchase a Melco product from a dealer to which you have immediate access.

Cheers,

ceulrich
@font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073711037 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;}@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}

A happy ending to the saga. Due to snow I was unable to return my N100 for warranty repair. However, while waiting, I received another communication from the Melco support staff member, suggesting If I made a particular change to a particular setting, I could solve my problem. Sure enough, that worked, and my unit is now working fine! I went back and read the instruction manual very carefully, and found a clear description of my problem and how to fix it. So, I can not fault Melco for my problems, but do stand by my suggestion that eye-to-eye contact with a knowledgeable dealer would probably have found the solution four to six weeks sooner.

Cheers,

ceulrich

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.