Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

3rd Wire in Unbalanced Interconnect?
3rd Wire in Unbalanced Interconnect?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2021, 08:24 PM   #11
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

The way I read it, in the RCA configuration, they are simply paralleling two conductors for the return path and using the third conductor for the signal path. The screen is connected at one end only.

That's all very fine, but I can't see any advantage in the doubling up and AudioQuest do not attempt to explain the 'performance advantage'.

I'm happy to avoid exotic cable geometries and simply stick to what's tried and tested.

Some of those high-end cables do look awful pretty though!
  Reply to this post

3rd Wire in Unbalanced Interconnect?Hide this!Advertise here!