Need help troublshooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've recently got a logitech s220 2.1 speaker system and it works but it has a very low bass.
I've checked the speaker with a multimeter continuity test and it works as it should.

The system has a main volume button and the bass has it's own too both seems to be working but the bass only audible when both is turned to maximum. The satellite speakers are working loud and clear.

I've checked the capacitors and they seem fine visually. I don't have a capacitor meter and haven't taken them out from the board yet.

So my question is that what could be wrong? Am I right suspecting the capacitors or there could be something else too?

Thanks!

Are you saying the subwoofer box is not producing much sound? Is it the type you connect the left and right speaker wires to the box, then run the satellites from there?

MY hunch is maybe you have the two channel feeds to the box out of phase. Try reversing the wires on ONE channel to the box.

This is a cheap system where I have the sub housing most of the electronics apart of the sub. The right and left speakers are connected to the system with a single 3.5 jack.
Upon closer inspection of the board I noticed some burning of the back of the pcb where the ic is soldered. I've placed and order for new ic and waiting for them to be delivered. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.