is there really such a thing as the "brown note"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...getting carried away?

...I may be wrong but I think everyone got carried away with alternative weapons and missed the more common "brownout" which could have been mistaken as "brown note"

A brownout is when the mains (or independant power source) falls below the desired voltage and (typically) lights dim when experienced.

Although dimmed lights are a sign that a brownout is occuring they do happen much more frequently (allbeit to a lesser degree) and are the most common cause of disk head errors on pc systems (you learn something new every day!).

This may have answered your question "what is a brown note", but if not at least you may have learned something?

Note: Not to be mistaken for black outs - where power is cut completely, usually due to safety circuits, fuses, etc.

Hi all

Most of it are modern kind of fairytales. At least the application in Gulf war and the incident at the Pink Floyd concert. It is possible that loud bass sounds can be rather unpleasing, but this is sometimes just a matter of taste.

See:http://www.princeton.edu/~globsec/publications/pdf/9_3altmann.pdf

I think those stories belong to the same group as people telling that they managed to shatter a glass window with their stereo (while it is theoretically possible, 98% of these statements are hoax IMHO).

Regards

Charles

The definitive answer

Noise "colour" and corresponding intensity with relation to frequency.

Colour Frequency content

Purple F^2
Blue F
White 1
Pink F^-1
Red/Brown F^-2

Hope this helps you all, maybe it will dispell all those crazy ideas of yours to create sonic weapons as well!

Play this basted at very low frequency

How can low frequency harm you I had my subs down to 5 hz nothing happened only at about 30hz when I smashed a couple of cups on a nearby table.

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.