Attention AKSA 55, Hugh is thinking in let us see schematics on forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I should also say it depends on how much time you want to spend building it.
It always takes a lot longer than you think espescially the first amp you build.
I decided to build a JLH Class A amp and have spent over a year finding all the parts and putting it together, and still have not completed it yet.
While the other day a bought a Naim Clone off ebay and put it together in a few days, and am in the process of testing everything.
So if you want to build something relatively quickly then definitely stick with an Aksa or Gain Clone.
If you don't mind spending a lot of time looking for parts then you have lots of choices although there are not to many amps that will beat an AKSA.

The fact that you are comparing musical instruments with amplifiers shows that you have no clue what you are talking about. Posts like these make the internet notorious for being a unreliable source of information.

Amplifier shouldn't have any distortion -end of discussion.

You would be better off posting in a musician's forum.

:D I like that who you really are, but the trouble maker isn't the amplifier.
Actually some amplifier already did great job, but the speaker always starting trouble. Speaker is real trouble maker, and the amp should control it. When the amp control it perfectly, then the wave of sound starting another trouble by disturbing the loudspeaker. so which one should be changed/refined to get the sound not distorted?

The fact that you are comparing musical instruments with amplifiers shows that you have no clue what you are talking about. Posts like these make the internet notorious for being a unreliable source of information.

Amplifier shouldn't have any distortion -end of discussion.

You would be better off posting in a musician's forum.

The fact that you fail to recognize the diversity of human preferences shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.