Jobsite stereo audio setup question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of music from cd's stored on a USB flash drive that I want to listen to on my Bosch PB360C Jobsite Stereo. The Bosch has a 3.5mm AUX input jack and can also be paired with a Bluetooth enabled playback device. My question is, what is the simplest way to connect the flash drive to the Bosch so I can access and listen to the music files on the flash drive? What hardware and/or cabling options would work best for this application?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Just to confirm: I'm not aware of any portable hardware device which would convert SD card files to audio which could then be sent to your portable Jobsite stereo.

As pico points out, you would need something like a mains powered DVD player - one that includes the facility to play music from an SD card - not very convenient!

pico, Galu-- I'm not a techie, but for convenience sake it sounds like I may need to transfer my music to a bluetooth enabled playback device which I could then pair up to the stereo. I have 1000's of tracks loaded on my pc, so what portable bluetooth playback devices are out there (if any) that I could rip them to? Note: most people in the trades use their smart phone for music storage and pair that with the stereo. I don't have that option.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...a bunch of music....Bosch PB360C Jobsite Stereo. ...a Bluetooth enabled playback device....

I don't have a teenager around but even I can figure this out. Copy the files to your cellphone. Pair the phone to the Bosch. Boogie on, man. :hphones:

My cellphone is a $39 refurb from Tracfone, it BooTooths to the car radio or my heading aid fine. The builtin storage has 4GB free. A few bucks got an SD card with 28GB free. 300 hours at 256kbps MP3.

Did I mention I'm not a techie? ;>)

Let's try this:

port mp3.jpg

Last edited:
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
So correct me if I'm wrong, but that USB cable to 1/8" plug comes with the unit as the normal output method. If so this is looking to be on the right track.

I notice it is a 4 pin plug (TRRS). Normal stereo AUX should be 3 pin. It is unclear whether this will work as is or require an adapter, as 4 pin has multiple possible configurations.

BTW - How to attach images to your posts.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
You're welcome.

I suspect it could be simpler than this. An mp3 player needs only a way to connect to your PC to transfer files (eg, a micro usb socket), and a control interface so you can choose songs and set volume. A headphone out is typical, which you can use here but some players can do bluetooth out as well.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I repeat: copy your files to a $39 device with miniplug or/and BlueTooth audio outputs.

Because of MASS production, a cellphone is a fantastic buy, even if you do not have cell-waves where you live. I have two or three cellphones not registered with any cell provider. They are microtablets, notepads, alarm clock, even sound player. Tracfone sells fine refurbs for $10 or free, if you buy air-time, as low as $20. An LG Rebel 4 is a fantastic tool for $35 taxed and delivered.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Intrigued I had to do some research. I can't figure this out. All the products like this say it works for car aux input only - and it must have audio decode. Is it just USB over TRRS? Dunno.

But there are other similar cables that have a male USB for power and a tiny Bluetooth receiver built into the plug. Amazing!

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Active cable, who knows? First it was my mouse dongle, then my wifes WiFi transceiver, now this (image, not to mention 4TB SD cards). I'm learning to attach a keyring to thumb drives now so I don't lose them.

Many car AUX inputs are analogue, too many to ignore.

Attachments

• td.jpeg
    td.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 56
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.