Bluetooth speaker stereo - way is it a problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After looking around it seems like connecting two Bluetooth speaker to one source and have them play stereo is a problem and not common.
Just connecting two speakers (booth playing the same) seems to be not always possible?

I found this old article: Tempow turns your dumb Bluetooth speakers into a connected sound system – TechCrunch
And i was on that Tempow site: Tempow | Enabling the next generation of Bluetooth Audio

Looks like some proprietary stuff that needs to be build into the device.
Not just software you can use everywhere...

I did see there are speakers out there that can do it. But you always need special software from that company and it does not work with all there speakers.

I wonder why its so complicated. I mean Bluetooth headphones play stereo - or not?

But you need special speakers?
Qualcomm is not available for PCs?

I ordered an Intel AX200 with BT 5.1. But nothing in there product brief about TWS.

And still i don't get it way its a problem with normal BT speakers if BT headphones can do stereo.

Last edited:
I ordered an Intel AX200 with BT 5.1. But nothing in there product brief about TWS.

I believe TWS is a Qualcomm proprietary technology?

I think what happens is there's two Qcomm receivers; #1 connects to the BT as an audio sink in the normal way. Because it's been setup (however Qcomm does it) for TWS, it only plays one channel; it sends the other via BT (or who knows what) to the #2 Qcomm receiver.

IMHO, this is a strange way to go about it, but, considering it's a proprietary technology, I'm sure they cooked up a scheme that "only works" with the rest of their ecosystem or software stack. It would be far too simple just to have a L/R switch on each speaker, with the ability for both to sink audio from a common BT source. Perhaps BT was designed from the beginning to not allow more than one device to sink, to prevent someone eavesdropping on another's telephone call.

Personally, I think this is the wave of the future, where audio media in digital form stays in digital form right up to the bitter end - class D PWM to the speaker driver terminals. No speaker level cables, no line level cables, no digital spdif cables...

I think the Zoudio AIO4CH amp can do TWS, but havent tried it myself as I have only one unit. You could build a no-cable two way powered speaker easily with this amp integrated inside, using the amps' DSP for crossover duties. That would be fun to try! I use the one I have with 4 sets of normal speaker cables - wireless to the music source (PC, iPhone 6)

Last edited:
We can connect multiple devices via Bluetooth (mouse, keyboard, speaker) and they all do different things (different data).
So why not two speakers with left and right?

Back then Stereo was an innovation.
I find it funny that now people are using soundbars and all the kids are running around with there cheapBT speakers.
Humans are going backward :rolleyes:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...........why not two speakers with left and right?

Latency.

"Standard Bluetooth Connection has around ~200ms delay, which often causes significant lip sync issue when watching videos/movies. Qualcomm's aptX-Low Latency codec more or less "solves" the issue by lowering the delay to less than ~40ms."

Also: Audio Latency - What You Need To Know

Latency from screen to ear is a small issue. Different latency left and right is a big issue. You judge some "stereo direction" from sub-mS differences between ears.

In hearing aids (and I believe wireless bootoot earbuds), one side gets both signals and relays the other side via a non-digital link such as FM radio. Even across the width of the head this can be problematic with hiss and multipath (also battery drain in ear-buds).

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Are there any small TWS speakers out there like the JBL GO2?

There are :
Amazon.com : tws bluetooth speaker

..but not major brand, even though bose has TWS sport earbuds

How can i find out if my AX200 (will get it in a view hours) has TWS
I found no clue about TWS compatibily of AX200, but available Intel documentation say very few on BT for AX200 board.

I think the Zoudio AIO4CH amp can do TWS
It should, according to available pictures, Zoudio use a CSR64215 BT SOC which is aptXLL and TWS. Such a receiver cost few and works very well.
ex : CSRA64215 APTXLL carte recepteur Bluetooth voiture Audio sans perte musique Hifi Bluetooth 4.2 4XFB | AliExpress

Perfect for a DIY speaker project !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.