Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Bose AWR1 sound very quiet
Bose AWR1 sound very quiet
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2020, 01:40 PM   #1
krusovice is offline krusovice
diyAudio Member

Default Bose AWR1 sound very quiet

Hi,
I've got a very old Bose AWR1 that wasn't making any sound at all. It would power up and I could tune it (etc) but no sound came out. I replaced the transistor on the board as mentioned here:

Anyone fixed a Bose Wave Radio with no sound?

Now it plays sound, but it's very quiet. In fact, with the sound turned up to 99 I can hear it in a quiet room, but that is all.

I am NOT trained in fixing electronics, but I'm game to try and fix it.

(And I have the schematic, but it exceeds the upload limit by 3kb so I can't post it here. Sorry.)

Thanks for any help.
Old 29th June 2020, 02:48 PM   #2
krusovice is offline krusovice
diyAudio Member

I forgot to mention, it seem the sound is only coming out of the right channel. All the connections to the speakers seem good.

Bose AWR1 sound very quietHide this!Advertise here!