Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Constant Current or Constant Voltage (LED TV)
Constant Current or Constant Voltage (LED TV)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2020, 10:46 PM   #1
Formas is offline Formas  Jamaica
diyAudio Member

Default Constant Current or Constant Voltage (LED TV)

Guys, does anyone thinks running a tv backlight less that the supply ratings on current or voltage?
How does one limit the current on the Chinese design (universal TV boards) or slight mod (fixed or trimpot) to adjust the volts under the rating thatís designed for the led boost circuit?
Reason is I keep blowing led when I replace them, the keep failing even the original ones thatís on the strip. I guess I want to lower the current or the voltage or both.
Old 11th June 2020, 10:50 PM   #2
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Perhaps your AC line voltage is too high, monitor it for about a week and see.
Old 12th June 2020, 02:38 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

No, that’s not high, the normal operating voltage ranges from 85vac to 225vac that means the active power supply is regulated. I just want to know hardware wise how to limit the current or limit the voltage or reducing to prolong the life of the led array.
Old 12th June 2020, 02:56 AM   #4
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Can the brightness be lowered with the TV's set-up controls?
I've never had a problem like this with any TV.
The LEDs would be driven with variable DC current, not voltage.

Last edited by rayma; 12th June 2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12th June 2020, 03:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Practically it could, but if I’m not using the service mode to reduce brightness, then the user can just brighten it again thru the normal menus.
Just want to know how to step down the voltage or decrease the current so the led aren’t near their max operating specs.
Old 12th June 2020, 05:20 AM   #6
thimios is offline thimios  Greece
diyAudio Member

I think that the led quality is the worse!
I see a year old t.v led to fail when other set live for 10 or 15 years!
  Reply to this post

Constant Current or Constant Voltage (LED TV)Hide this!Advertise here!