Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

How to assemble together and pass sound through in one system
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2020, 08:42 AM   #1
JLoDoesIT is offline JLoDoesIT  France
diyAudio Member

Default How to assemble together and pass sound through in one system

As you may know, I'm researching around parabolic speakers and did a survey around my first prototype (see [Project] Parabolic speaker).
As I'm going deeper in the survey, people ask to be able to mount the parabolic speaker easily on various supports (floor support, desk support, hanging, etc.).

As for lights there are light bulbs that you can hold & plug to electricity in one system (screw or bayonet), is there such system for audio that fix pieces together and ensure sound signal is passing through?

If not, is there any usage that you would think it could be useful as well (so that I design it accordingly)?
Old 8th June 2020, 10:35 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I found BNC connectors, anything holding more traction?
Old 8th June 2020, 11:15 AM   #3
afa is offline afa  Australia
diyAudio Member

Speakon connectors are widely used in the PA industry
https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/p...ble-connectors
Just search for a supplier close to you

cheers
Old 8th June 2020, 03:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks, that's a very useful piece of information.
I feel like it's convenient to prevent any accidental unplug but not suitable to mechanically hold something like a light bulb is hold.

My parabolic speaker is beyond 500g.

Any other idea?
Old 10th June 2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

PA for live shows is universally rigged with slings and shackles. It's not pretty, not quick, but wide spread enough to be called universal.
Old 10th June 2020, 07:20 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

So I understand from what you guys say that there are solutions to avoid accidental unplug. There are solutions to fix speakers in a mechanical way. But there is no solution that does fix speaker and transmit sound, correct?
Old 10th June 2020, 07:51 PM   #7
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I can not think of any common system for hanging speakers. The closest there would be is for ceiling speakers, but that would not work for your parapluie sonique.
Old 11th June 2020, 03:46 PM   #8
Speedskater is offline Speedskater  United States
diyAudio Member

The pros have to deal with lots of safety rules & regulations when it comes to speakers, equipment, theatrical lighting and AC power. Loudspeaker cables cannot be used for rigging.

How to assemble together and pass sound through in one systemHide this!Advertise here!