In pursuit of the best speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, it must be a preference thing, but I get more pleasure hearing as deep into the recording as possible,
warts and all, I don't see any need to compromise on the system's ability to render the recording in high fidelity.

Exactly, though I do have some trouble enjoying the truly terrible sound quality of some ancient
Rachmaninoff recordings I have on CD, because so much is missing.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, it must be a preference thing, but I get more pleasure hearing as deep into the recording as possible, warts and all, I don't see any need to compromise on the system's ability to render the recording in high fidelity.
Yea I think the preference is a matter of resolution=musicality. That includes low level resolution which compensates for tonal imbalance/timbre.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
precisely! I used to have web page collecting images of all famous studio monitors
i took it down with geocities going dead :)
This is why I think that even though Planars/ESLs may be better over all performers than the monitors used in the studio, the FR during playback is significantly altered with them and some intended effects are now missing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.