Bluetooth on Vintage amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I couldnt edit the title for some reason? Its supposed to say ''BlueTooth on Vintage Amps.'' Anyway, I bought a couple of No Name, cheap 4.2 version Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver modules to see how they would go? Well, they turned out to be way above expectations, in fact, they are excellent, the only thing I could pick on them about was if I left the Transmitter from my PC charging on the PC USB it would pick up the hard drive noise when listening to music. The internal batteries are supposed to last 8 hours but according to someone they only last 4 hours? Well, 4 hours is plenty enough time for me. I plug the Receiver on the amplifier into the amps aux and run its battery charger to the power strip. The Transmitter is plugged into the headphone jack on the PC. When I first tried these I tested them out on YouTubes Audiophile Test videos and I was blown away at the quality. HIFI Wireless Audio Bluetooth Receiver Transmitter 3.5MM RCA USB Music Adapter | eBay

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
One is an RX-497 stereo and the other is an RX-V430 5.1, the RX-497 had a failed film capacitor in the turn-on circuit but I popped/fried the DTC-144ESA transistor when checking things out? so I'm waiting for a replacement in the mail. The other Yammy has the same kind of problem. No turn on or display? I also have a recently acquired Sansui G-4700 that I'm going to recap and clean up the boards. It still sounds great, just a bit boomy on the bass. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.