USB circuit android...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
While working on my android tablet HU for car I accidentally desoldered smd component that is in series with D+ line for usb, there is also the same one for D-, but there is nothing writen on it. I checked with microscope...
I measured the same smd from D- and it`s not a diode, it`s resistance is 0.2ohm.
It`s black and I think it`s a 0402 size...
So ok I tought it`s a black smd, its got to be a resistor, so I soldered 0.2ohm 0805 smd resistor instead of it... But I get error message "Device descriptor request failed" in windows...
I can confirm that I get 5v on VBUS and GND if I short ID pin to GND (OTG mode), I have 96,5kOhm resistance towards the GND from both D+ and D- lines...
That would confirm that everything is soldered correctly, no shorts...

That being said, that SMD component must be something else...

I can find no schematics only of any phone, tablet...
Does anyone know what would it be?
It`s a black SMD, I think 0402 with resistance of 0.2ohm in series with D+, where is another one in series with D-, followed by common choke...

Thank you for your time and help

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
0.2 ohms is very low. Are you allowing for your meter lead resistance i.e. the reading you see with the probes shorted?

I can't really say what the part might be but something that low could even be a 'zero ohms' link or a fuse.

0.2 ohms is very low. Are you allowing for your meter lead resistance i.e. the reading you see with the probes shorted?

I can't really say what the part might be but something that low could even be a 'zero ohms' link or a fuse.

You are right, that is the lead resistance, my bad... I don`t know how I forgot to measure it.

I tryed to bypass the resistor and it does not work, that`s telling me it is not a fuse or zero ohm link...

Well I hope someone will know whats going on... I cant find any schematics of usb simmilar to my circuit online, it`s frustrating...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.