Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

another unique mic design
another unique mic design
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2019, 07:26 AM   #1
hifijohn is offline hifijohn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default another unique mic design

My most elaborate of my unique mic designs ,the element is a headphone speaker with a passive EQ and the amp from a computer speaker.The whole thing runs off of 4 1.5 v d cell batteries.I have to dampen the springs since they create a slight ringing sound on loud transients.The sound isnt bad and the 200-300 hz bump gives the sound a nice warm feel.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th November 2019, 11:35 PM   #2
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the curve. I knew there is only a penny worth of difference between headphone elements and mike elements; you show near-flat across most of the musical range.

Yes, you can cut tiny puffs of foam rubber and stuff the springs. However nearly all "Pro" mikes use rubber bands, or specifically "rubber' O-rings.

The round-in-square bracket is also a baffle and must have some effect on response or directionality (probably quite small). I don't have to tell you that rings (metal or plastic) are commonly used now. Embroidery hoop, broken hand-mirror, strap-iron... These can impart their own resonances of course.

another unique mic designHide this!Advertise here!