Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Extinction Level Event: 5G.  Death by the trillions
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2019, 01:32 AM   #161
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Actually, they did make a VW Bug that had excellent heat in the winter. It had a gas burner under the rear seat and it would blow hot air almost right away. It was hell on your fuel economy, and didn't smell so good either. But, up here in Canada during the winters we used to have, it was a wonderful option.

-Chris
Old 8th November 2019, 01:41 AM   #162
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Or even the suzy 550 4 stroke..
Don't you mean '2 stroke'?
Old 8th November 2019, 03:16 AM   #163
Tubelab_com is online now Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I really dont care about the IoT, as I think most of it is pure rubbish.
There are several useful applications where IoT can come in handy. Most of what is being suggested however is unneeded, unwanted or flat out scary.......self driving cars linked together over the cell network is the biggie......hundreds of cars zooming down the interstate on autopilot relying on their cell signals, and the network hiccups.....worse than a loose semi truck in an ice storm.

A high school friend had a 1959 VW bug. The heat came from a shroud around the cylinder head. An oil leak made using the heater a rather stinky ride.....but still better than a leaky head gasket. Fortunately we lived in Miami Florida where you might need heat one or two days a year.........having the battery spark up the rear seat where I was sitting......that will heat your backside in a hurry.
Old 8th November 2019, 03:25 AM   #164
jneutron is offline jneutron  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
Don't you mean '2 stroke'?
No, my '77 Suzy 550 4 cylinder was 4 stroke. As I recall, there was a 550 3 cylinder 2 stroke, I suspect that is the one you are thinking of?
Jn
Old 8th November 2019, 03:28 AM   #165
NATDBERG is offline NATDBERG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjjwwa View Post
A response of a True Engineer
Billions, Trillions ... all the same.
If you think that billions are the same as trillions, then what does that say about your assessment of risk??
Old 8th November 2019, 03:51 AM   #166
jjasniew is offline jjasniew  United States
diyAudio Member

>Actually, they did make a VW Bug that had excellent heat in the winter.

I had one of those. During college, in Buffalo NY. I got really, really drunk at a party one winter, made my way to the VW and switched on the under the bonnet gas heater, then proceeded to pass out. I woke several hours later, warm as toast, then drove back to my apartment.

The next time I turned it on the whole car immediately filled with the most obnoxious fumes. I pulled over immediately, opened the bonnet. There was a flexible hose that carried the exhaust fumes outside, exiting into the left wheel well. It had disintegrated and was now exhausting directly under the bonnet - and into the car. I could have just never woke up previously. One of those "but why was there only one set of footprints" kind of things.

These days, maybe my 5G personal carbon monoxide monitor (paid subscription service) could have alerted someone and provided GPS coordinates and driving instructions to come save me!

My best friend in high school had one of those Suzuki 500 two strokes, I swear it was a twin. For some reason I could do the longest burn out patch with that thing - I recall another friend wrecking on his Honda 750 in attempt to beat the length I put down with it. I dont know what it was about that bike, but it seemed I could spin the rear tire on pavement indefinitely.

Extinction Level Event: 5G.  Death by the trillionsHide this!Advertise here!