Extinction Level Event: 5G. Death by the trillions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Regarding the opinion of 5G needing some democratic vote. Roads, rail, radio, tv, tram networks, power lines, 3G, 4G, telephone lines... none of those had a referendum on whether they should be introduced to any country.. Emergency use also had nothing to do with anything when they were first installed. It would be a reason today, not to take any of them away, but never part of their installation.

Infrastructural decisions are practically never put to the public vote - so why the expectation for 5G and the complaint that it not being democratically decided upon is a sign of the country going down the pan? It's normal.. I'm not sure where the idea that it's undemocratic comes from.

Locally, people have local planning laws and local authority procedure to lodge objections to any mast going up that could effect the public. Use them for anything you feel strongly about, it's what they're there for.

One major point with 5G (which may have been mentioned) is that their tech means much LOWER power signals are needed. this means much less than 4G or Wi-Fi. and much of 5G will be both at 4G frequencies and Wi-Fi frequencies.

Power signals relative to distance... Will you actually see less in your home? That I don't know. 4G towers might be more powerful but if it's a long distance when it gets to you is it more or less than 5G?

This actually reminds me of something I think cars and homes should do... have repeat antenna located away from inhabitants and make it so the phones use minimal power to communicate with the repeater that actually has significantly better reception for obvious reasons. Your battery will last a long time and you may not even need to think about using the car charger cord that's in the way all the time.

Regarding the opinion of 5G needing some democratic vote. Roads, rail, radio, tv, tram networks, power lines, 3G, 4G, telephone lines... none of those had a referendum on whether they should be introduced to any country.. Emergency use also had nothing to do with anything when they were first installed. It would be a reason today, not to take any of them away, but never part of their installation.

Infrastructural decisions are practically never put to the public vote - so why the expectation for 5G and the complaint that it not being democratically decided upon is a sign of the country going down the pan? It's normal.. I'm not sure where the idea that it's undemocratic comes from.

Locally, people have local planning laws and local authority procedure to lodge objections to any mast going up that could effect the public. Use them for anything you feel strongly about, it's what they're there for.

Speak for your country Nat. The US still has room to build so the subject of infrastructure that's controlled by local cities is still very much a thing in the US. We have a LOT of public hearings over all sorts of things, especially including infrastructure. On top of that a lot of development areas are run by home owner associations. Depending on how private they make a development they can control almost everything as long as it's to code.

If it weren't for public pressure I could still buy GT Kombucha's that weren't nerfed because a bunch of wussies thought the robust effectiveness of them meant they had alcohol in them... (they didn't have enough to matter, less than a candy with liquor in it, but public pressure changes things)

Is it really a problem for people to request to hold off on something they don't trust? It posses no public risk to hold off on it, unlike some things people are trying to stop.

Something not discussed is 5G is the technology necessary to displace millions of jobs in the driving industry. If it's your country why shouldn't you have the right to tell it all to **** off? Instead we're suppose to pay for something we didn't ask for, specifically asked not to have, and displace ourselves economically? Why should people be forced into subsidizing a luxury portion of an industry that'll take their jobs?

You'd think Comcast would be fighting it too, because it's going to be direct competition for them. In fact they'll probably fade into the past as no one will want to bother laying cable lines in their developments when 5G will be mandated.

Yes, let's have the masses choose by plebiscite on 5G and other critical infrastructure decisions...their wise and informed judgement has brought back infectious diseases defeated decades ago to once again harvest the innocent. Time to break out your telegraph key and signal fire for the next communication revolution!

How is 5G critical? I specifically described it as luxury; our phones already stream high res video. It's not even practical since you need an antenna like every 100ft or whatever.

I've already agreed that the general public isn't as smart as the average forum member here... (aka they're not that smart) But do you really think that public should STFU and do as told? Maybe not on this issue but that precedent will eventually come up with something you can't stand.

How is 5G critical?

But do you really think that public should STFU and do as told?

5G is not in and of itself critical, not standing still is. I suppose we could have all voted to stop at flip phones, or dial phones, or "Hey Mabel, will you connect me to Joe over at the General Store?" but most of us are pretty happy we didn't.

The public may be as vocal and as opinionated as they like, but barring another Constitutional Convention they live in a Constitutionally limited republic, where they vote for decision makers who create politically insulated technical bodies like the FCC, CDC, FAA, etc. to make the hard calls on complex technical issues.

They're also responsible for keeping all of those in check. It wasn't a "creating and leave it alone for eternity" action. There's plenty of scenarios where we know government has failed. And this is private, not government anyways. It's not on private land either. So there is no "rights" being violated by not putting it up (rights of a company as a person anyways).

I personally think we need more areas of the US to become less and more alike than other areas. We'd have a more unique country and people would be happier to live among more like minded people.

They're also responsible for keeping all of those in check.

The means for "keeping all of those in check" is by choosing Senators, Congressmen and State Representatives who you think will do so. Showing up at Public Hearings held by those regulatory authorities and speaking your mind is also desirable. The system is far from perfect, as is any system devised by people. But at the same time we wail and gnash our teeth about the hazards of the modern world, it is good to notice that we are hip deep in people in their 80s and 90s and beyond. About a hundred years ago 50 million or more including two of my grandparents succumbed to the "Spanish Flu" and the harvest fell mostly on young adults. Those who survived could look forward to making it to 50, or 60, or maybe 75. The good old days really weren't!

Beacon

You could get a headache (similar to expired eyeglasses prescription) from 2.4GHz wifi, because they eyes are most sensitive.

The cause is the standard 10Hz beacon. The fix: set Beacon to 293 and set Dtim to 2. Also, perhaps set CTS to Auto (on).
Open source router projects, such as FreshTomato, Gargoyle, Merlin/XWRT, DD-WRT, have the relevant settings (and far too many more) available.

If the beacon is at the default of 100, that's 10 times per second it can't move data and it may conflict with other nearby wifi, resulting in congestion.

Valid numbers for beacon are: PRIME numbers. And the typical default setting isn't on that list.
Beacon is the number of milliseconds between announcement "I'm Here!" broadcasts. The default is 100, aka 10x per second, aka 10Hz. However, 3-ish times per second is much better from a "congestion-reduction" perspective. Congestion-reduction is the orthodox way for exposure-reduction as well.

I've set mine this way:
2.4GHz, DTIM 2, Beacon 293, CTS Auto
5GHz, DTIM 2, Beacon 149*, CTS Auto/on, RTS 1440 (polling)
*The 5GHz tolerates beacons spaced as far as 241, but I chose a lower figure for band-steering purposes.

It seems that no-one has mentioned constructive interference, this regarding the peaks which may form from multiple RF sources.

Measurements done in previous posts are impressive, but what would the values be if done with an adapted PPM meter - peak reading for field strength? I reckon there would be massive peaks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.