Music in the bathroom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes: 2W are usually enough to power two background music speakers. Use standard marine speakers, power is not important since you only have 2-3W and any speaker will accept this power. Wire the speakers in series, this will reduce the strain on the amplifier. If the sound is not loud enough, rewire the speakers in parallel. If the volume is still lacking, use an external amplifier: connect it to the stereo output jack on the board.

You mean Volts or Watts? Because I'm looking for up to 5 Volts speakers, which is impossible to find, there are minimum 12 Volts marine in-ceiling concealed speakers on the market. Will they work at up to 5 Volts?

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Visaton to which I linked may be regarded as a budget level waterproof speaker.

To qualify as marine capable, a higher degree of waterproofing and resistance to corrosion is necessary.

The prices of some marine speakers may make your eyes water!

The link below gives some examples and includes a handy 'Marine Speakers Buying Guide'.

10 Best Marine Speakers of 2019 (Review) - Music Critic

Bear in mind that your bathroom environment is not as challenging as a marine environment, unless you regularly bathe in salt water! :)

The Visaton to which I linked may be regarded as a budget level waterproof speaker.

To qualify as marine capable, a higher degree of waterproofing and resistance to corrosion is necessary.

The prices of some marine speakers may make your eyes water!

The link below gives some examples and includes a handy 'Marine Speakers Buying Guide'.

10 Best Marine Speakers of 2019 (Review) - Music Critic

Bear in mind that your bathroom environment is not as challenging as a marine environment, unless you regularly bathe in salt water! :)

Thanks! I've already made some research and read that rating article.
Just one more question - what about the full-range feature? Do I actually need it? Because Visaton does have it but Magnadyne not.

The more expensive marine speakers feature a combination of woofer and dome tweeter (and sometimes a midrange driver) and incude the necessary crossover components.

The cheaper ones (like the WR40W) simply have a dual cone speaker which relies on a parasitic tweeter cone to produce the high frequencies, and therefore requires no crossover components.

Technically, the former will produce the widest and smoothest frequency response.

I say buy the best you can afford. However, the ease of fitting and the speaker's appearance may be of more importance in your bathroom application.

P.S. Here's some music to listen to via your new bathroom speakers.

YouTube

I hope you can 'roll' with my type of humour! ;)

Yeah, I like it :D But it will be the sounds of the jungle and rainforest:umbrella:

fancybox_FlaminiaCersaie_017.jpg

@palloneluigiefigli on Instagram: “Stand Flaminia al Cersaie 2019 🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝
#cersaie2019 #flaminia”

Курс Horeca Workshop в Милане on Instagram: “Самый необычный стенд выставки Черсае 2019 ⠀ Салон керамики и сантехники, самый БОЛЬШОЙ в МИРЕ закрылся позавчера в Болонье. И пока…”

The tiny speakers on the photos that I linked earlier are Visatons. The are definitely crap by any audio standards, but good enough in the bathroom, at least for me. The tiled bathroom is "an echoic chamber". I don't expect much from it (same from elevator or supermarket music).

I see, thank you! But in design point of view they look just right for the bathroom, sleek and minimalistic. By the way, Magnadyne also looks good and simple, no branding or logos. How do you think which one is better? And what do you think about the Pyle Hydra Series 5.25” or 6.5”?

Last edited:
Joined 2015
Paid Member
That picture from Cersaie reminds me when many years ago I worked on a company that also made that kind of attractions for trade shows, commercial centers, whealty and eccentric people etc. My desk was next to the waterfall, under a tree. The building was basically a greenhouse with glass ceiling and full size real trees that were 3 stories high. The arrows points to my desk. A surprising amount of technology is needed to maintain that vital and lush green. Many creative people there. No request was considered foolish enough to be discarded.

Attachments

• Dsc_0256.jpg
    Dsc_0256.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Dsc_0262.jpg
    Dsc_0262.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 74
That picture from Cersaie reminds me when many years ago I worked on a company that also made that kind of attractions for trade shows, commercial centers, whealty and eccentric people etc. My desk was next to the waterfall, under a tree. The building was basically a greenhouse with glass ceiling and full size real trees that were 3 stories high. The arrows points to my desk. A surprising amount of technology is needed to maintain that vital and lush green. Many creative people there. No request was considered foolish enough to be discarded.

Natural green, exotic palm leaves and plants, vertical garden - is a huge trend in the bathroom design nowadays :yes:

cc9bc0121d84de2bfae341cfb8fc5374.jpg
aaa0d405ea38e6574ea51fb77c6e2ffc.jpg
035a6f8bb51951dabfecb8763d3aa567.jpg
eb641a201bf225ad306b5e2f2951cf18.jpg
028da188c2625522a957c080adfb6f55.jpg
b7c3060ef7aece6a9c49dea0c2e777fd.jpg
5b19e7f3572dfde48fbf4e85d4e57825.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.