Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Music in the bathroom
Music in the bathroom
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2019, 08:57 PM   #21
KingofRocknRoll is offline KingofRocknRoll
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcan View Post
Yes: 2W are usually enough to power two background music speakers. Use standard marine speakers, power is not important since you only have 2-3W and any speaker will accept this power. Wire the speakers in series, this will reduce the strain on the amplifier. If the sound is not loud enough, rewire the speakers in parallel. If the volume is still lacking, use an external amplifier: connect it to the stereo output jack on the board.
You mean Volts or Watts? Because I'm looking for up to 5 Volts speakers, which is impossible to find, there are minimum 12 Volts marine in-ceiling concealed speakers on the market. Will they work at up to 5 Volts?

Last edited by KingofRocknRoll; 6th October 2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 6th October 2019, 11:36 PM   #22
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Speakers do not have a voltage rating, only an impedance and wattage rating.

The 12V must refer to the power supply of the boat. e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marine-Blue.../dp/B01N9ONR01
Old 7th October 2019, 12:04 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Any marine/waterproof speaker or combination of the required impedance in ohms may be connected to your amplifier.

The wattage of such loudspeakers is typically more than high enough for your application.

e.g. Visaton FR 16 WP - 4 Ohm 60W, 6,5" | DV247 | en-GB
Old 7th October 2019, 09:01 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galu View Post
Speakers do not have a voltage rating, only an impedance and wattage rating.

The 12V must refer to the power supply of the boat. e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marine-Blue.../dp/B01N9ONR01
Now I got it Thanks a lot guys! You're the best!

Could you please also recommend good quality speakers brand for my purpose, not cheap crap and not too expensive? How do you think Visaton you referred is a good choice?

Last edited by KingofRocknRoll; 7th October 2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 7th October 2019, 11:21 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

The Visaton to which I linked may be regarded as a budget level waterproof speaker.

To qualify as marine capable, a higher degree of waterproofing and resistance to corrosion is necessary.

The prices of some marine speakers may make your eyes water!

The link below gives some examples and includes a handy 'Marine Speakers Buying Guide'.

10 Best Marine Speakers of 2019 (Review) - Music Critic

Bear in mind that your bathroom environment is not as challenging as a marine environment, unless you regularly bathe in salt water!
Old 7th October 2019, 11:35 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

The recommended Magnadyne WR40W are not expensive and are available here:

https://www.amazon.com/Magnadyne-WR4.../dp/B019QVUPY4
Old 7th October 2019, 04:52 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The Visaton to which I linked may be regarded as a budget level waterproof speaker.

To qualify as marine capable, a higher degree of waterproofing and resistance to corrosion is necessary.

The prices of some marine speakers may make your eyes water!

The link below gives some examples and includes a handy 'Marine Speakers Buying Guide'.

10 Best Marine Speakers of 2019 (Review) - Music Critic

Bear in mind that your bathroom environment is not as challenging as a marine environment, unless you regularly bathe in salt water!
Thanks! I've already made some research and read that rating article.
Just one more question - what about the full-range feature? Do I actually need it? Because Visaton does have it but Magnadyne not.
Old 7th October 2019, 05:20 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

The more expensive marine speakers feature a combination of woofer and dome tweeter (and sometimes a midrange driver) and incude the necessary crossover components.

The cheaper ones (like the WR40W) simply have a dual cone speaker which relies on a parasitic tweeter cone to produce the high frequencies, and therefore requires no crossover components.

Technically, the former will produce the widest and smoothest frequency response.

I say buy the best you can afford. However, the ease of fitting and the speaker's appearance may be of more importance in your bathroom application.
Old 7th October 2019, 05:40 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

P.S. Here's some music to listen to via your new bathroom speakers.

YouTube

I hope you can 'roll' with my type of humour!

Last edited by Galu; 7th October 2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 7th October 2019, 07:14 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
P.S. Here's some music to listen to via your new bathroom speakers.

YouTube

I hope you can 'roll' with my type of humour!
Yeah, I like it But it will be the sounds of the jungle and rainforest

Click the image to open in full size.

@palloneluigiefigli on Instagram: “Stand Flaminia al Cersaie 2019 🔝🔝🔝🔝🔝
#cersaie2019 #flaminia”

Курс Horeca Workshop в Милане on Instagram: “Самый необычный стенд выставки Черсае 2019 ⠀ Салон керамики и сантехники, самый БОЛЬШОЙ в МИРЕ закрылся позавчера в Болонье. И пока…”

Music in the bathroomHide this!Advertise here!