My thanks to Nelson Pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Adcom 555 is nearly twenty years old now. It's been servoed, returned to original. Converted to direct coupled, returned to original. Regulated, then returned to original. Driven cones, ribbons, and electrostatics. Played for hours every day. Used as a PA amp at my first wedding. Used as a test amp for speaker driver measurements. Used as a high power low frequency source for driver break-in. Followed me through four houses, two wives, seven cats, three jobs.

All it's ever done is work and sound good. Maybe not your fanciest design, but there's something to be said for solidity and reliability.

Apologies for the grave dig. Not an Adcom 555, but the Nakamichi CA-5 PA-5 (first generation) pairing with the Threshold Stasis technology power amp have just come to live in my house. These things are freaking awesome! About another octave of good controlled bass response, dissection of musical detail and unravelling of strands in the mix, but with no harshness. Bringing out the best in my little Martin Logan Electrostatics and the DL103r on my Garrard 401.

So much to love, nothing to complain about at all. Just 100% win.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.