So now that Linear Audio is over, what is next?

Jan Didden's Linear Audio was a great forum for different audio authors to write and get published, however Linear Audio basically ended in 2017, I already have all the volumes but I cant stop thinking "now what?", where will the authors continue with their work? I dont believe that the JAES compares to what Linear Audio used to be which is closer to what the old Wireless World magazine used to be.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am acting as technical editor for AudioXpress, the successor journal to Audio Amateur. Both AA and WW were my inspiration to set up Linear Audio

AudioXpress is slowly moving in a more technical direction, although the reality of economics dictate that it will probably need a bigger audience than just the engineering types. But they seem to find a nice combination of content, and as I say, moving toward tech content.

So if anyone wants to write a Linear Audio - style article, let me know and chances are I can get you published.

Jan

I am acting as technical editor for AudioXpress, the successor journal to Audio Amateur. Both AA and WW were my inspiration to set up Linear Audio

AudioXpress is slowly moving in a more technical direction, although the reality of economics dictate that it will probably need a bigger audience than just the engineering types. But they seem to find a nice combination of content, and as I say, moving toward tech content.

So if anyone wants to write a Linear Audio - style article, let me know and chances are I can get you published.

Jan

Sounds great Jan, thanks for replying!, I was thinking about subscribing to AudioXpress, and to Elektor aswell.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Great news! My friends at Elektor have compiled all Linear Audio Volumes, plus several interesting articles, as PDF files as well as several Youtube videos, and put it all on a USB stick. All fully searchable, so you can find all you need quickly.

Our Jason agreed to put it in the diyaudio store, so you can have it all on your fingertips. Almost 3000 pages of technical and acoustic audio related articles accessible anytime anywhere. Whatever subject you are interested in, you'll find expert articles about it in this collection. You need it!

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
AX has been slowly getting back to (diy)audio and tech articles. I have been their tech editor for several years now and they always asked me about tech articles. You should take a look at it.

They still have some commercial content (that's the reality of economics if you want to survive as a journal these days) but for instance the Bob Cordell/Rick Savas Hafler rebuild, 2 parts, is a good example. Several other diyaudio members are regular contributors.

Jan

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ha ha!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 6.28.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 6.28.33 PM.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 196