transformer switch setup welder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have a question not audio related but power for welding.

Have a co2 welder who has defective switch, or short somewhere.

Do somebody now how this transformer is switched? it is a two coil version in stead of one.

thanks.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_2218 Mar. 27 20.54.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2218 Mar. 27 20.54.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 117
  • ScreenHunter_2219 Mar. 27 20.55.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2219 Mar. 27 20.55.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 106
Switch was not oke, so, I do again, the transformer has taps from two coils, for adjust current I have to connect two (one wire from each coil) to get current, I have 6 pairs who are intern connected.

Plan was a triac relais coupled to a stepswitch, however is the possible because the voltage from grid stays on all of them, only one pair at a time is connected through the triac.

thanks for advice the triac idea is quite nice.

That switch is standard industrial switch assy available from RS Components, industrial electrical suppliers etc.
Just replace the switch and you should be good to go, why complicate things and invite problems that do not exist ?.

Dan.

I have rebuild a machine who has no transformer, I have put in a other one from a old one who is further to much damaged, now it does well.

A regulator with triac I have seen also with SCR I have seen, that way I can do it also using the highest current wires.

The switch do not fit in the case, the original one was not usable, so I did put the question.

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.