Help me please to fix my Led TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Thank you very much guys,

I saw a lot of videos with the given diagnosis & tips. Some skilly diyers do not use air flow to change smd leds !
Definitly an inverter problem and/or the edges lit strips (old way to backlight the display).

I gave up lacking of a room in witch I can leave and fix the TV for a long period enough due to my poor skill . Also I was not sure to identify the good smd leds for the edge lit strips : several voltages, light types, etc. Some edge strips are even glued from what I saw on Youtube (easier with nowadays TV with the true back light behing the display and not at the edges) No technical background to test further problems was also an issue: have not a lab power supply nore I know which voltage needed to feed the strips for checking the fix or investigate further. And as it was not only for me, time was also an issue.

I finally bought a cheap one saying myself it is for 5 or 6 years before the next. But I given the broken one & the tips to a reentry into society organization both to try to help & avoid polluting trash, well, at least to delay it...

Anyway I'm very thankfull for the help provided here :)

Account Closed
Joined 2018
After 45 years of being a professional servicer, I've come across a lot of things.
For one, those LG sets run their LEDs hot, so it makes for a brighter, impressive picture.
At the expense of LED life, of course.
But you've got your use from it, the warranty is long gone, and LG's got your money.
That's they way they build them.

I never liked many current flat screen sets, after having to service them through the years.
But one.... a Panasonic Viera LED set is in my home - they last!
My next door neighbor's got a 20 year old Pani-Plasma - still going strong!

As for all those other manufacturers, they make crap.
Trust me, I've worked on many to know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.