It appears Mouser Electronics ("mouser.com") might have been hacked ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No sign of Mouser email list spam here.

Normally when I get such, the sending details don't match the correct info. Easy to spot.

For fun I will sometimes try to open attachments using a not Windows system.

Also sometimes when asked to log in and verify my financial information, I will comply. Of course using my name of "Zignatz Kerfelblom" and other equivalent data. Again not using Microsoft software. If they want to steal data I don't mind corrupting the list.

I regularly get email telling me they have my password. They actually do have one. It is the one I use where they don't allow logging in as "guest" and have no reason to even require a password.

Now there actually are folks who can crack passwords, but they are extremely rare. Most folks use the same password for multiple accounts and that is how they get slammed.

The easy protection is to use a unique password for every account. Not at all hard to do. For DIY Audio I would use something like DSimple99gz. For those not getting it Mouser would be MSimple99gz. Makes a reasonably secure unique password for each and every account. As some folks insist on punctuation and others don't accept it there has to be some variation.

Now somewhere on my computer the software does store a complete list of auto-fill passwords. Easy to edit, remind you of all your accounts and of course a jackpot for hackers. So real security begins in your memory, which to me is why a method to generate unique and easy to recall passwords is your best method.

My high security password is 24 characters and unique for every account. Only used for direct financial linked accounts.

For the really secure passwords just use your Captain Midnight decoder ring to change some letters to numbers!

BTY for even more security do not use the right password on the first log on attempt!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.