Listening Test Part II. Can you tell which......

Which file is the original and which do you prefer?

• Nail is the original file

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Screw is the original file

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I prefer nail by listening

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I prefer screw by listening

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, would you be interested in another music sample, again original rip vs tube loop, but now something more serious, Beethoven's violin concerto op. 61. Let me know, because it would need some work on time alignment, however it is already recorded.
===================================

This test is a follow-up to
Can you tell original file from tube amp record? - test

The test files are now ready and can be downloaded from

Dropbox - fasteners.zip

This poll will close on 29th December 2018 at 09:59 AM
--------------

I have also prepared a set of new test sine tones, 300Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, undistorted and distorted 0.9% THD by passing through the tube amplifier. This is to check your equipment and ears.

http://pmacura.cz/testsinetones.zip
------------------------------------------------------
The poll has been closed.
Nail was the loop recording through tube amplifier
Screw was the original rip.

Last edited:
Look at the results of Pavels test. Ability to hear a difference gets you this. Half prefer one file the other half the other. Thats what using only your ears gets you. Dosnt say anything about whats more acurate ( wire with gain, not an effects box) just what you prefer. Did you try his test?

But if you consider the wikipedia excerpt about pseudoscience that you´ve posted recently, which conclusions are _really_ justified due to results of this kind of survey? ;)

Okay, test files uploaded, the link is

Dropbox - fasteners.zip

at dropbox, standard procedure, if you do not have an account, click outside the log-in window and then you can download the file. The file is fasteners.zip, download to your PC, unzip and you will have 2 files in 44.1/16 wav format.

As always, please:

1) tell which file you prefer by listening,
2) try to guess which one is the original rip
3) as an option you might add an ABX report, appreciated but not necessary condition.

Again, it is an original rip vs. tube amp loop record of the same file. Opening part of the concert was chosen, with very high dynamics and both silent and loud passages.

Attachments

• beethoven.png
    beethoven.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.