Electrostatic filter build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

How effective wil be a electrostatic filter for PM2.5 particles filtering? I want build and put it into a woodstove shimney, stove is type Rocket mass heater.

I make 10.000 volts and use metal plates, like a piece of 10 with opening between such that I get nog a flash over.

I need to put the + to the plates and - to the case itselfs, do not now if the dust go to the plates then.

Maybe even I can put the filter into the high 1000 degree part of stove where particles will get stuck and burn them, also afcouse with HV voltage.

Thanks.

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1513 Oct. 10 13.14.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1513 Oct. 10 13.14.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 145
  • electrostaat-idee.jpg
    electrostaat-idee.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 149
You asked how effective it would be.Well built properly very effective we had them installed at local steelplant to kill towns red dust problem

In dust of a steel plant there are metal particles present, these do catch more easy into a electrstatic filter.

I use it fot a woodstove, and A I have did research already I did discover that also here it work fine, I do go use a rocket mass heater and the speed of the gasses where the electrostatic filter is, is very low and temp already dropped to 80 degree celcius, so watervapor is what is left also this watervapor does good for particles, it stay catched into the water, special the very small ones.

Wood can be clean burninng, when do use good designs.

thanks for your respons.

kees

I think you have to study other commercial realizations first. You either need to burn the electrostatically trapped particles (need extra oxygen and proper heat) or clean the dust trap regularly. Otherwise it will be clogged, which means that burning won't be perfect in the stove, resulting in producing CO which is very dangerous!
Here it is illegal tampering with a heating system.

I think you have to study other commercial realizations first. You either need to burn the electrostatically trapped particles (need extra oxygen and proper heat) or clean the dust trap regularly. Otherwise it will be clogged, which means that burning won't be perfect in the stove, resulting in producing CO which is very dangerous!
Here it is illegal tampering with a heating system.

I am educated what concerns woodstoves, I cab build them, did in past also that work, I can make very clean systems, and now about the danger of it when go wrong, what never happens by the way, I have detectors also, I will go to an rocket mass heater, who is only just wtervapor as output, I want to trap the fine partcles to protect nabures, yes I am nice for them, it is not the way around.

here is how that burns.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_2023 Feb. 08 14.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2023 Feb. 08 14.35.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 52
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.