Looking to hire someone to build this...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello... first off, I know nothing about audio engineering...

Short: I'm looking for someone to build a powered remote controlled dog whistle blow horn.

Long: So we’ve got this neighbor with a dog that barks day and night. We bought a small dog bark deterrent that is supposed to whistle when it hears a bark. Well it sort of worked then stopped. Now the barking is worse.

I’d like to buy one, but can’t find one that exists so I was thinking about building one. But realize I don’t know the first thing about it.

I found this:

1 Powerful Ultrasonic Dog Bark Deterrent - Stop Dogs Barking +Pest/Animal Repeller

I wonder if someone can:

1) amp it up and add a speaker (think small bullhorn) to make it louder
2) add a power cord to it so we can plug it in.
3) put it on a remote (like a garage door opener) so if I push the remote button it blasts the whistle. (Thinking I could use this to train the dog... you bark you’re gonna head this loud noise)
5) ideally I could turn the frequency, so I could bring it down to human range to hear it, then move it back up to dog range (although this is not a requirement)

Anyone here interested in trying to build this for me? I gladly pay like $1000 for this (even thought the parts may only be $300). I'd love to give this to my wife as a Christmas present.

Chris

Check if ultrasound dog whistles with variable frequencies work in your case and then perhaps you could attach one to a "silent" air compressor. I guess that this combination would have the potential to make the whistle a lot louder. It is an idea I just had. Never made one actually. Googled some research data on air pressure a lung can produce, so it turned about 0.1 atm.

Last edited:
Chris
If i lived up the road from you i would help you for free, however i am in UK so would be practically difficult.

But here's an idea or two:
Do you have a local TV/Radio repair store, if so i would think you would find the electronic skills there.

Do you have a local electronics shops like RadioShack, if so ask in there to see if you can put up a poster (Electronic Help please).

Google local hobby clubs (like model aircraft/railway etc ) or HackSpace or MarkerSpace as you would find the skill there.

Family, member friends as electronic taught in schools these days.

Good people at Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Lastly Sonic Teenager Deterrent | Compound Security Systems

I wish you luck, as i have similar but small problem with local man walking a barking mad dog past my door twice a day. All night and i would be building what you want. I wish you luck.

IMK

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.