Do you like tube distortion? - listening test

Which of the files you prefer by listening?

• I prefer ella1 but I do not have an ABX result

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I prefer ella2 but I do not have an ABX result

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I prefer ella1 and I do have an ABX result

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I prefer ella2 and I do have an ABX result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No. You are wrong. When I downloaded the foobar plug in for ABX and saw what methodology the test use I did not even try the ABX test. I immediately understood that the test is useless. But you are right that I am against the test.

All I did was to play samples once. I was not guessing. I clearly heard the distortion in sample1. I repeat: the test is purpose made to prove that PUTs can not discriminate between samples.

No you are wrong. Ever been in a recording or mix session? ABx is constantly used ( the x only occasionally by accident but it happens) to make even very subtle changes. So how does a useless test produce almost all the music you listen to?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Like the concept of second and third order intercept in RF the harmonic structure grows at different rates for different harmonics so the harmonic structure is different at each output level.
Yes. Power amps that can keep a consistent harmonic spectrum at different power levels are said to sound better than those that can not. Same for difficult loads.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.