Cleaning the shed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks
Till now I used to go for off-the-shelf solutions for my audio needs but overtime they piled up as junk due to some minor electric issues. Now I have a pile of drivers/satellites lying around which I want to re-purpose in future builds and also optimize my current setup so need your input/suggestions to do so. Here's a list of items and my initial ideas for how to use them:

1. A Creative SBS A120 2.1 unit whose crossover circuit has gone kaput thus I have 2 2W 8 ohm full range drivers and 1 10W 8 ohm 4inch subwoofer. I'm thinking of building a boombox from these, but haven't found a suitable amplifier circuit that would include tone control and AUX input on a single board. Additional Bluetooth input would be nice. So for the build I'm stuck at; a design/layout for the boombox and amplifier/circuit to drive all 3.
  2. A Creative Inspire T60606 5.1 unit whose wired remote went bad and as no spares are available, I want to take it apart and use satellites and subwoofer in 2 different builds. It has 4 satellites of 8W each and a center channel of 18W. The subwoofer is 5.5inch 22 W unit. For this I'm thinking of putting the 2 satellite drivers as front in-dash speakers in my Mom's car and the 5.5inch subwoofer in boot. It's a hatchback, Maruti Suzuki Alto so I hope subwoofer would suffice for the small space. I just need the low end to be there, don't want to shake the damn chassis off it's hinges. For this I intend on building a sub enclosure and use the following parts as I already have them. TPA3118 PBTL Mono Digital Amplifier Board 1X60W 12V 24V Power Amplifier Module - Robu.in | Indian Online Store | RC Hobby | Robotics as Amplifier and Bassoon Sub Woofer Board: Amazon.in: Electronics as active low pass filter because in order to keep wiring to minimum and have the option of quick disconnect, I intend on providing line level input to subwoofer from rear speakers.
  3. The center channel of 5.1 system and 2 satellites of it, I'm thinking of making a bookshelf kind of unit with 2 satellites and using that and center channel unit as my Left and Right speakers for my current setup.
Currently I'm using car audio equipment in my room. Right and Left units are pair of 6.5inch 2-way JBL coaxials, these JBL A310SI - 310W Coaxial Car Speakers: Amazon.in: Electronics and for low end I made a box, running 2 4inch 4ohm 30W subwoofers in parallel. The Coaxials are being powered by Nobsound NS-01G amplifier, powered by a 90W laptop power supply and the subwoofer box is being driven by a local bass tube amplifier whose specs are unknown. I bought it to drive my JBL CS1200WSI 12inch subwoofer but I felt that the said amplifier isn't doing justice to subwoofer so I replaced it with those 4inchers for my low end. The JBL sub cost me 40$ while those 4inchers were 1$ each so I figured even if they blow up, I can afford to replace them easily but an under-powered or blown up 12 inch sub is equally painful. So my 12inch sub is just lying around in it's sealed enclosure, waiting for a proper amplifier to drive it to it's rated 300W RMS, which I hope to zero down here.
The coaxials are 2-way and the Mids are totally absent so I am thinking of putting them in the car, where they ought to be and use those satellites, re-purposed from 5.1 unit for my left and right channel.

I know it's quite a lot but I would really appreciate feedback, suggestions and critique of my current and proposed build from the brimming pool of wisdom of members of the forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.