Fixing/upgrading velodyne subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Posted this on home theater forum, no one seemed to help. So I thought you guys would know more about the actual electronics:

Just picked up a Velodyne F1500r a couple days ago and having some problems.

When I use the Subwoofer pre out on my receiver the subwoofer cuts out every few seconds and has horrible bass. Receiver is a Onkyo sr500 and worked fine with other powered subs. I havent tried a Y connector, but I dont really think that will help.

However when using line out on the TV or headphone out it works fine and doesnt cut out.

It does sound slightly boomy though, maybe that is because of the source, or maybe my next problem.

On the board theres a large capacitor (4700uf 50V) with a medium sized dent in it. Im thinking this might be affecting performance and should be replaced. While Im at it, should I replace all 4 (4700uf) capacitors with higher values?

Im thinking higher capacitance and keep them at 50v, or would this mess up the output?

Let me know if you need any more info, or have any other mods for this sub, or need pictures.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.