Hifi engine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having trouble with hifi engine

My account is fine i can download anything i want but if i do , it downloads fine and then is telling me that the pdf file i corrupted or damaged ..effective for any file

My boys in the shop tried from their own accounts , and from their own PC's ( though in the same network of the shop ) with the same result ...

Then again seemed that remember me button doesn't work for Hifiengine and every now and then you need to re login which is OK but in vinynengine that remember me function works perfectly i ma always logged in today i understood that my account went inactive since i haven't logged in for more than 3 years .

Am i missing something ? Google search seems to have no reports about this .
weird ?

It's not the site, it's your PDF reader. New updates come out about every 45 minutes, and if you don't keep it updated you can't read half the files you download. My XP box gives me the same garbage - the files read fine on any other machine. But of course some of my old apps won't run on any other machine. Frustrating, but a sign of the times.

Anyone can explain this that i found in the hifiengine forums ?

Due to an increase in the number of people using proxy services to abuse our free service and bypass download restrictions, we have changed our policy on these services.

As this abuse affects our ability to provide the service to legitimate users, any visitor detected to be using a proxy service to access the download server may have their account automatically removed from the system.

or this ?
The download script has been rewritten to reduce server load and improve the speed of the site for the majority of genuine visitors. Changes include:

(a) Restricted maximum number of download connections per file to prevent excessive load caused by visitors using download managers
(b) Variable download limits based on server load
(c) Improved detection of VPN/Proxy Servers (as used by bots/crawlers/site scrapers). No downloads are permitted from these connections. Due to abuse, use of a proxy server/VPN service to bypass site restrictions will lead to your account being automatically deleted without notice.
(d) Improved detection and blocking of visitors using more than one account to bypass download limits
(e) Reduced download limits for visitors on networks with high levels of abuse
(f) Download limits weighted according to member status/contribution level

It's not the site, it's your PDF reader. ....
Hello.

I have the same problem, but I'm convinced that it's a problem on hifiengine site. I've the latest version of available Adobe Reader, and it works with all pdf documents coming from all other sources. Plus, I've seen that ALL the files downloaded from hifiengine have the same dimension of 126KB. I've searched a link for a contact with webmaster, but it's not available ("the site is provided as is").

Thank you
ciao
Marco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.