Hifi engine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2010
I can still download with no problems and I am in the UK.
At the time i was writing this i was living in Romania and you can't access Hi-fi-engine from Romania even now.Thankfully the hungarian Electrotanya and some others copied most of the information from hi-fi engine .So, if you wonder why romanians invaded the UK and stole your jobs... that's because of the americans!

Last edited:
...now the site behaviour has changed: when I try to download a document, the answer i "sorry but this feature is currentrly unavailable" and, then, I am logged out...

Really strange, especially reading that the most part of you have no problem...

What happens?...

Thanks

ciao
Marco

Hello Mooly.
Initially - in the past weeks - I obtained only corrupted PDFs (all with dimension of 126Kb, not readable bu Adobe Reader - updated - and other pdf reader).
Today happens what I've described.
I'm trying to obtain manual and service manual for a Sony DAT, but in past I tried also with other files, with the same, wrong result...

Thank you
Ciao
Marco

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I just tried for those files and it all worked instantly.

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 218
...not yet solved... :(

Trying ti download a document, first I obtain this screen:

I don't know what to do, since it's not possible to contact HiFiEngine staff... :(

Excessive length url's removed by moderation. These were corrupting the other images in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wops! Sorry...
I try again...

When I try to download a file, the message in the first image appears (the countdown time is variable); when the countdown ends, I receive the second message.

Thank you
ciao!
Marco

Attachments

• Hifiengine1.jpg
    Hifiengine1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Hifiengine2.jpg
    Hifiengine2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 125
I've never had a 'delay' screen on any download from hifi engine.
And your download link shows -> download pdf-file.php
That's wrong as well.

Are you sure your browser cache hasn't been infected or corrupted ?

Try another browser, virus and malware scan, Delete browser cache, Delete your hosts file.
Try another computer.

Lastly, I once had an issue with my isp corrupting images on a hardware site.
It made it almost impossible to navigate that site.
The only thing that fixed the issue was changing my isp.
Extreme yes, but the original isp couldn't have cared less after I reported it to them.

Thanks to all!

I've already an antivirus always active, also navigating on the internet.

I tried MalwareBytes, and it has not found nothing about the browsers that I use, Firefox and, sometimes, Chrome.

I tried to use hifiengine on another machine - but in the same net - with a different OS (one with win7 and and the other with win10), with the same result...

It's not possible for me, now, to think about ISP change, that for ALL other uses works very well and fast...

...and it's not possible to contact hifiengine staff... :-(

Ciao
Marco

Well it's pointless contacting hfe staff as it's not a problem with their system.
It's very obviously now an isp issue.

Last thing I can think of suggesting is to try Tor browser.
It bounces the connection through a few remote servers.
Maybe, just maybe that will be enough to trick your isp's system into giving you a clean connection to hfe.

Irrespective if Tor works or not, your at the point where you now need to report this issue to your isp.
Hopefully they will have a half intelligent service desk person that is able to spot the issue and do the needed corrections in their system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.