Elliott Sound Products (ESP) website

Firstly, I'd like to thank the countless DIY people worldwide who have supported my (previous) site over the last 15 years.

While it may appear that my site is gone, it's just been moved to Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

The rumours of my death (or at least that of my website) have been greatly exaggerated :D

I could go into some detail about the shoddy way I was treated by my hosting provider, but I shall refrain. Suffice to say that it's still alive, and hopefully it will get well again soon.

The US Hosting 'service' has struck again, and this time I'm abandoning it completely. My Australian hosted site is also HTTPS, so that gives it a bit of security that Westhost claimed wasn't possible.

18 years is a very long time for any website, and it's distressing when its URL is changed. Some may recall that the same thing happened to my Australian website (and my primary email address) recently, so it's been a double-whammy. (that's now a triple-whammy with the last notification). The old (whsites.net) site will close completely sometime before June 2020. I'm in the process of setting up re-directs for all the pages, something of a chore since there are so many.

Please feel free to visit the site at its new home - Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Cheers, Rod Elliott

Last edited:
Hey Rod. Found this after searching google wondering why the old site was down. Glad you've only moved and not disappeared altogether - always thought your site was one of the most informative audio pages on the web and enjoyed reading some of the rants/non-sound-related pages, too!

I built an LM3886 amp loosely based on one of your designs some years ago which has always been a good workhorse and have also built your "Project 03" amp on a self-designed PCB - one day I'll get round to actually buying one of your boards as a way of saying thanks!

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Firstly, I'd like to thank the countless DIY people worldwide who have supported my (previous) site over the last 15 years.

While it may appear that my site is gone, it's just been moved to Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

The rumours of my death (or at least that of my website) have been greatly exaggerated :D

I could go into some detail about the shoddy way I was treated by my hosting provider, but I shall refrain. Suffice to say that it's still alive, and hopefully it will get well again soon.

15 years is a very long time for any website, and it's distressing when its URL is changed. Some may recall that the same thing happened to my Australian website (and my primary email address) recently, so it's been a double-whammy.

Please feel free to visit the site at its new home - Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Cheers, Rod Elliott

Rod, perhaps it would work better to get your own domain name - this way whenever you change hosting provider or location, nothing really changes - your domain name points to wherever your site is actually hosted..
Now, with new URL, all google links and search results are not working..
Unfortunately your new site site is blocked by my employer :(

ESP Site

Thanks to those who have suggested my own domain name. I actually have a few, but the old Westhost site took off over 15 years ago, and changing it didn't look like a good option at the time.

I would leave tomorrow but for one small detail - the ESP forum. It's running an old version of the phpBB software, and that's very hard to migrate. In the interests of my customers, I'm unwilling to dump the forum.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I want to add my thanks for your site, it's been 48 or 49 years since I got my radio license (3rd class,we needed it to operate a ham radio) and if I can't remember what year that was, you know I can't remember how to do all those calculations without help on the basic theory. Too busy with the big picture, you know.