How to build a simple (but pretty cool!) light sensitive oscillator!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I want to submit to you my very first DIY project: a light sensitive, square wave oscillator. It is an odd instrument, but I love it!
I've also recorded an How-to video for everyone interested in building this little screaming monster!
Actually it isn's a proper musical instrument, because it is quite uncontrollable in pitch, but it is an experimental project to take as base for a more controllable and accurate instrument, perhaps implementing a keyboard or some filters that assign a certain pitch range in relation to the amount of light received to the photocell.

Here is the video, hope you enjoy it and if anyone want more explanation about this, i'll be happy to answer and provide help!
As said in the video forgive me for my "lasagne english" xD and if there are some technical mistakes. Also this is the main part of my Erasmus portfolio!
I'll be glad to receive comments from users more expert than me in order to improve my skills and make better and better audio stuffs! :eek:
Enjoy! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THOyUtqYLY

Attachments

• thumb2.jpg
    thumb2.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 34
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.