Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Digitalized music causing stress??
Digitalized music causing stress??
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2019, 01:56 PM   #211
dreamth is online now dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

All we need now is to get into high end BS cables ...
Most "highend-ish " cables are just coax cables adding capacitance to the output of the amplifiers where you should simply use thick separate wires and nothing more.Well...I'm not talking Sigma Drive or motional feedback here

The amplifiers with lower damping factors and high bandwidth usually get to oscillate and what we get as "airy sound" is actually high freq (sometimes even mid range ) intermodulation products in the upper audio range...It is well known that the highs content (be it harmonics, oscillations, noise) creates the impression of a much larger soundstage,

but, instead of listening to a neurosurgeon or a psychiatrist , we prefer to talk with audiophile guys as it makes us feel safer and healthier

A few months ago i found a guy on Facebook who agreed to change his most expensive cabling attached to some very expensive speakers with separate bass and mid high section sockets and i told him exactly this:
Go to the closest Chinese shop and buy the cheapest but thick enough(2.5mm thick) wires that can deliver the current to your speakers at 50 watts(i had a quick approximate calculus for that and 1.5mm would have been fine for the purpose of this trial, but all he could find was 2.5 mm copper wires for electricians) .
Then you get separate wires from the same amplifier output to each input (mid-high and bass) of the speaker.
A week later his response:
It sounds cleaner and tighter, much more precise, its just that i prefer the expensive cables because i live in a small room and i have the feeling of a more spacious sound...

Unfortunately he couldn't find aluminium 1.5 mm wires ))))

I'd suggest the "digitalized stressed persons" to get a walk in nature...It's much cheaper and healthier.

Last edited by dreamth; 30th April 2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 30th April 2019, 02:09 PM   #212
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
It is not hard to map the gradient of a real music signal, I doubt much surprising would show up.
Well you could use worst-case max amplitude at 20kHz. Hence the rule of thumb of 0.15V/uS per V output amplitude. Plus the usual audio safety factor of 7 x gives, say, 1V/uS per output volt.

Jan
Old 30th April 2019, 02:13 PM   #213
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

And I still like the way Eric Margan said it:

Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan

Old 30th April 2019, 02:16 PM   #214
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ra View Post
Sir, thank you for sharing your personal opinions with us, but personally I stopped understand your statements and their purposes long time ago, despite all my efforts to get them.
I think I understand the divide.

//
Old 16th May 2019, 03:40 AM   #215
Tromperie is offline Tromperie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sir, thank you for sharing your personal opinions with us, but personally I stopped understand your statements and their purposes long time ago, despite all my efforts to get them.
I think I do too. DF96 is an engineer who actually understands the subject, while Alex Ra is an "audiophile".

Digitalized music causing stress??Hide this!Advertise here!