MY POWER CORD DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
It could be,

Some DIY trial and test. However we don't know what knowledge is backing it up.

Ie just some examples, eddy currents in materials, adding inductance to Earth cables slowing the operation of fusing for ADS. Double insulation of mains cables and correct colour codes. Correct current rating of cables and fuse protection.

Safety always comes before any sound enhancement.
Obviously the electrical codes are different in various countries.
Playing with mains cables is not a good idea when you realise the fault current available if something goes wrong.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
The difference is that selling expensive tat to audiophiles is legal (in the UK, at least). I understand that product advertising either has to be true (or so vague as to be unfalsifiable), or so obviously false that an ordinary sensible person will realise that it is just marketing puffery. Trading Standards are more interested in fake branding than fake technical claims.

Use copper, it's FAR cheaper and works just as well. Having plated connectors is a good idea as they make better contact. As long as the gauge is up to the job, even slightly larger the audible difference will be zero.

For F***s sake, your house is wired with copper and the supply from the transformer in your street is most likely copper, the feed from the power station is probably aluminium, do you really think that a few feet of any guru nonsense is going to make any difference.

Now supplying the amp boards themselves from the DC supply in the amplifier can make a difference.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
silver for mains cable ? ouch

I tried that once, and it did not sound good :(

and that was not even a joke :p copper sounds better ;)

now probably I will be banned for saying that :clown:

btw, by correct phase I did not mean correct wire color, but which wire connects to either side of the trafo
that matters, if you are exstremely critical

wow, thats a fancy bedroom speaker

have you tried other DIY than doing the cable thing ?

Yes I did two projects for
DENON DVD 3910
DENON DVD 2900

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 126
  • _MG_7540 1.jpg
    _MG_7540 1.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.