Opinions on Web Design Wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Diyaudio members,

I'm going through the process of building a website for an orthopedic surgeon. This has been a work in progress for a while and I feel like I am nearing the finish line. You guys have been so helpful with all of my questions so I thought I would run it by you before bringing it online.

I'm mainly just interested in what you think about the layout, color scheme, and general design. I'm also curious if you think that the website is accessible and whether or not you like the picture use and wording?

If you were looking for a surgeon, would this site encourage you to visit or call?

Should I make the top banner "click-able"? i.e. each picture would potentially lead to a different article on how each key word "endurance, etc." represents this business.

Finally, is there anything that you think I should add to the site to make it "smarter"? Do you think that a live chat box would be convenient for customers wanting to communicate with the staff, etc.? You can already "like" articles, however I might have missed something?

Please note that we are revising the "Our Services" section, so it will probably change.

Here is the url:

Welcome to our Practice!

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
I am NOT a computer guy, so any thoughts I have are as a user. I have zero idea how to implement a web page. I also am not likely to need these services. SO take whatever I say with that in mind.

Myself, if I am looking for a surgeon, I'd be looking for a referral rather than surf the web. So for me, I'd only come to this web site if some other doctor told me to go to this guy, and I wanted to find out about him. I would use the site to determine if there was a reason NOT to call, after he had been suggested by other professionals.

I did not know what the upper left button was, the box with three lines. I thought it closed the page until I clicked it. It seems to be a button that reveals a number of buttons. Why not just a strip across the top with each of those six buttons spelled out. Don't make me hunt.

Who we are is one of the first things I look for in a case like this. So we see the two young doctors. Fine. Now then, other associates. Oh come on, those are clip art pictures, aren't they? Just me, but I'd rather see no photos than fake ones. I assume there would be an office staff and medical assistants. I think any new or potential customer would have some basic questions. The contact page has location and hours and phone. If he takes all insurance, maybe say so, or at least list major carriers. Medicare? Or is his clientele too young for that? Visa/MasterCard/discover/Amex?

The large image at the top outs up a finger icon like it is a link, but doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't know what makoplasty is, and the three rotating images of new technology seem to expect we as customers would know what they are.

Just my opinion, but pick the top five things a potential client would want to know, and make them directly available from the home page. No menu layering.

A live chat box would be useless to me. Maybe to the modern crowd who bury their noses in text messages night and day it is different. And someone there would have to be watching the screen and drop what they are doing to chat to make it work. I'd want to pick up the phone and get my questions answered.

Don't know if that helps any. I offer those thoughts constructively.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.