Simple bridge rectifier question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paul

I wasn't quite accurate in my last post and managed to get the document title mixed up with another one I have read in the past.

The ONSemi document is No KB214/D entitled 'Rectifier Applications Handbook'. Be warned, it is a large file (336 pages, 2.8MB) so takes a while to download. Chapters 5 and 7 are the most relevant and it is the only source on the web that I have found that contains the full Schade diagrams for accurately calculating power supploies with a capacitor input filter. There is also a good section on choke input filters.

Geoff

Apologies to Geoff

Thanks for the actual link. I dug around on the site and didn't find it before. That's what I get get for sleep surfing. I don't know what insomniacs did at night before the web! I will mention again that many companies have thier datasheets and technical data on CD ROM free for the asking as service to the bandwidth challenged. There are several other appnotes of interest on the site as well. I urge all to take a look and thanks Geoff for the resource

Good day,

P.S. You had KB214/D instead of HB214/D before so it is still 3....

H.H.

Actually, I'll admit to 4 since 'supploies' is hardly correct. However, I will plead mitigating circumstances on this occasion as I was rushing to a job interview and didn't have time to do my customary check before hitting the 'submit reply' button.

My apologies to anyone who has wasted time trying to find this document because of my faulty reference number. It's not even as if H and K are adjacent keys and I could blame finger error. I think my mind must have been on other things at the time.

Geoff

Picking on Geoff

I am sorry for picking on Geoff... he gave us a great resource location! Good luck with the job interview. I am also "between gigs" as the musicians say. The slow down in the industry has gutted the local telecom market and I am in the Telecom capital of the USA and was working for one the companies that was riding it out the best. This is why I have some free time for audio at present.

H.H.

Okay, I'm helping this thread diverge but I can't help but add that I'm out jobhunting as well. It's really cuttting into my amp-building time.
Harry, if you were with one that was "riding it out the best" it couldn't have been Nortel Networks. I was there for five-odd years.

Paul

We're way off topic here so I'll probably get another email quoting the relevant extract from my webpage on forum etiquette :)

H.H.

There's no need to apologise, I didn't feel 'picked on'. I made a mistake or two and I'll hold my hand up to that. I can recommend setting up a website to pass the time whilst 'resting'. The only trouble is, it takes over your life with all the emails it generates and leaves little time for job hunting.

Helix

Where: Lancashire. What: virtually anything (the over 50s can't be choosy).

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.