Philips surround speaker connector/plug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I've got a Philips LX7500R without the original speakers.

I'm considering building some simple speakers to use with the unit, but the speaker-connectors is not a standard I can identify.

I can find almost similar connectors on Ebay, but those are for round pins and I need a type for flat pins as shown in the picture.

If nothing else comes up, i might use small spade-connectors, but those will probably exert a lot of force on the contact-pins and no doubt break them quick.

The unit was dirt-cheap and I'd rather not spend more on plugs than on the entire dvd-cd-amplifier-thingy.

not looking for super-hifi-pure silver here. Just a solid connection.

Kind Regards TroelsM

Attachments

• Picture 70.jpg
    Picture 70.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 63
You can buy small "spade" terminals that will fit the pins in those speaker connectors. Use insulated terminals, or add heat shrink tubing, to make sure they don't short together. (If you open up most cheap mini-system speakers, you will find that the connection to each driver is made by two spade terminals, one large, one small. The small one is about the right size to fit the Philips pins.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.