Audio Insanity?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i gave up the opportunity to own the Marantz Dv-18 mkii and the Sr - 19EX for less then half price, am i crazy??

the thing is, i couldnt hear a difference in the stereo performance between it and my current setup, sony str535 amp, sony 725 dvd.

Is there something wrong with me?? Do i need to invest some serious money before getting decent stereo sound, what are some good stereo amps for say $1000 AUD??

Heard the term audiophool?

That's someone who upgrades because they think they should, or because, like you, they get offerred a great deal. Then they spend heaps of time, effort and bandwidth rationalising a choice they made for any one of a number of different reasons, none of which usually have anything to do with getting closer to the music.

If you can't hear a difference, and it costs you money to change, where is the value in that? Perhaps as a learning experience?

Upgrade when you find something that REALLY appeals to you and you can afford. Then just relax and take pleasure in it.

Enjoy your sanity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.