Do you guys have this in Europe/Oz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tonight there's a concert celebrating the anniversary of German unification from Leipzig -- delayed "simulcast" (i.e. broacast on one of the local FM stations while the video is broadcast on a public service station.) This is frequently done for opera, big civic events etc.

does this exist in Europe and Oz -- i.e. simulcast? just wondering. The sound is usually fantastic.

:nod: yes, we have them all too infrequently here in OZ on tha ABC [ our version of the bbc] but due to big brother [ read GOVT]cost cutting it is getting rarer and rarer I remember all too well one of the best I saw in simulcast with our very own diva Joan sutherland in der fledermause, ah what a performance....
cheers to all TC:devilr:

I wonder some times...

If Americans in general have such a poor thought of Europe....
Simulcast has been done on the Belgian Radio and Television(the old name BRT) from the '80s on...
I have witnessed opera from the Scala of Milan (Turandot, among others) in simulcast........

Belgium mayvery well be an outcast when it comes to technology (Simcards were already in use 10 years before the USA even knew what it could mean, and ATM (Bancontact cards) started their lives around 1978 in Belgium....
and guess who developped the very latest encryption methods for secure data transfer..used in the USA

Jean-Pierre

Lang Leve de Koning
Lang Leve Belgie

from Federal Way, WA 98003-6612
USA

Re: I wonder some times...

uvodee said:
If Americans in general have such a poor thought of Europe....
from Federal Way, WA 98003-6612
USA

ooopps, looks like another NATO guy. it was an honest question, no insult intended,

Some of my best friends were educated at Louvain, and I have spent weeks in the land of moules and frites, consumed of perhaps the best beer in the world, had an uncle (actually a "great-uncle fwiw) who lost a leg in the Bulge, I've even been to Dinant!

the Simulcast wasn't that hot anyway, now listening to Maria Callas on the 24 hr/day channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.